Key Profit Drivers
Increased concern over security both domestically and commercially is on the rise
Currently, there are several key drivers fuelling investments in the security market.
- Increased insurance premiums
- Personal and corporate property protection
- Ongoing terrorist and protestor threats
- Retail theft
- Fire security
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Acceptance of network technology as demonstrated by NBN rollout.
- There is also growth in the residential market with home security now more accessible and affordable.
In the retail industry, new analytics technology has several large retailers investing heavily. This technology features point-of-sale integration, people counting, identification of hot-spots for product merchandising and customer behaviour.